If You get Served with Foreclosure Papers Find a Good Lawyer

If you get served with foreclosure papers, the first thing you do is try to find a good lawyer. You shouldn't be handling these cases by yourself. foreclosure is a complex, complicated area of law. If you don't have a lawyer yet, the best thing to do is to send a letter to the court and give a copy to the plaintiff's law firm that sued you, telling them that you're looking for time for a lawyer.

Don't write anything about how you're working on loan [xx] or you didn't pay it or whatever your issues are, all you want to do is send them a letter that says, "I am looking for a lawyer." What that does is it makes it so in order for the bank to get a default, which is what they're asking for if you do not respond to the lawsuit, which says you waive all your defenses.

As long as you have something in the court file, and that letter will do it, they have to go to the court and ask for it and it gives you enough time make sure you get good, competent council and make sure that that's what you do.
Contact Us For a Confidential Consultation
(305) 358-7991